I'm taking some time off to rearrange my 4+ years of Obj-C knowledge into a Swift-shaped skillset instead. Retooling. There's some other things I want to try too (CloudKit, rspec-style testing with Quick), so this is a good chance to check them out.
Before I take on my next project, I want to have built a canonical POC Swift app which contains many of the usual features of an app and utilises the following implementation features:
- showing basic data (e.g. a List) in a TableView
- data is persisted in Core Data
- data is shown with a FetchedResultsController
- data is editable
- UITableViewCell containing a textField
Unit tests written with Quick & Nimble
Convert to Swift 2.0
Once it's converted to Swift 2, then:
- Xcode 7 User Interface tests written (Swift 2)
The app will be my "best practise" reference going forward, and should basically stay up to date with my own experience.